“Fullness of Life!”
Dear Fremont Family:
I am still basking in the glow of last Sunday’s Open House and Hootenanny at the Parsonage. What an amazing day! So many of you blessed us with your love and presence. It was wonderful to welcome you into our home. By our count, over 40 people came to be with us and share in our joy. It was good to see people linger over food and conversation. There were children playing, youth here and adults and elders who told stories of the last time you were in this home. It was a perfect evening for music in the backyard, and it felt like the beginning of something beautiful. Let’s gather again together soon!
September and October are busy months as we return to fullness of life. Already, there has been a potluck, a clothing swap and a “back to school” blessing. And there is so much more to come as we prepare for our Centennial Celebration. Here are a few important dates to mark on your calendar as we rejoice over what God is doing in our midst:
- September 25 – Kristen Caldwell from the Annual Conference will be with us in worship to video record footage for our Centennial video. Please come prepared to share the word you think of when you think of Fremont.
- September 25 – NE Youth Collective at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 5:00 to 6:30pm. All Middle and High School Youth are invited.
- October 2 – Blessing of the Animals – our annual opportunity to bless our beloved animal companions. Bring your pets to worship at 10am!
- October 2 – Rescheduled Concert with Abbe Drake in the Sanctuary at 3pm.
- October 9 – An Evening with Mark Charles – nationally known speaker and author will share on the history of the Doctrine of Discovery and the paradigm shifts needed for healing our history with Native Americans. This event will be in the Sanctuary from 6:30 to 8:30pm.
- October 16 – “Come to the Waters” begins. A new year of invitation to explore membership and/or reaffirmation of faith. Sunday evenings from 5 – 7pm. Dinner included.
- October 23 – Centennial Celebration!!!
In so many ways, this abundance of life together feels like a miracle and a blessing after our prolonged social separation. I am deeply grateful to be walking with you into deeper life and faith.
Grace and peace,
***Also, a reminder that Lectio Divina will be tomorrow evening at 7pm in the studio space.
Leave A Comment